||Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
By visiting and booking on this web site, you accept the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
Booking Terms and Conditons
1. DEFINITIONS – Made in Africa Tours & Safaris cc. is hereinafter referred to as "MiA" and the person who accepts the booking is hereinafter referred to as the "CLIENT". This booking and subsequent contract between the client and MiA shall be deemed to be concluded in the Republic of South Africa, subject to the terms and conditions reflected herein.
2. BOOKING - (a) When Made in Africa tours send off the confirmation invoice to the applicant, or the travel agent through whom the application was made, the booking shall be confirmed and accepted by Made in Africa Tours. Please note that reservations cannot be made without a deposit.
(b) The balance of the fare is due SIX (6) weeks prior to the date of departure.
(c) All tours are subject to a minimum of 4 (four) pax travelling, although a tour may be run with fewer at the discretion of MiA.
(d) Private safari bookings are not subject to minimum numbers.
3. DEPOSITS - A non-refundable deposit of 30% per person is required when submitting the completed booking form. The deposit is accepted as part of the inclusive fare and will only be refunded if the applicant cannot be accommodated.
4. CANCELLATIONS - Cancellation of bookings by the client must be made in writing and is effective from the date it is received by MiA. The following cancellation fees will be payable by the client:
> 41 days = deposit only
41 - 14 days = 60% of total fare
13 - 0 days = 100% of total fare
Should a client fail to join a tour or join late or fail to complete a tour, or do not arrive at the lodge or departure point of a lodge trip, no refund shall be made or liability be accepted by MiA.
5. No refunds shall be made by MiA for any reason whatsoever, and neither will it accept any claims of any nature including consequential damages as a result of any accommodation or other facilities made or becoming unavailable on tour. The client hereby indemnifies and holds MiA harmless in respect of such claim.
6. MiA reserves the right to cancel any tour or lodge booking without prior notification. In such event, all monies paid will be refunded in full which shall constitute the full extent of MiA’s liability to the client.
7. AUTHORITY ON TOUR AND AT LODGES - (a) The client acknowledges that MiA or MiA’s ground operators shall appoint a tour leader who shall be in charge of the tour and all matters relating thereto, and the client agrees to comply with the tour leaders’ lawful requirements. At lodges the clients must agree to comply with all the guides, and camp staffs instructions, while staying at the camp/lodge.
(b) The client must at all times comply strictly with the law, customs and foreign exchange regulations of all countries visited.
(c) The client agrees to comply with MiA’s requirements with regard to his/her conduct and shall not in any way constitute a nuisance to any other persons on the tour or other visitors at a lodge. If any client acts in contravention of the above, MiA shall be entitled to terminate that clients participation on the tour without refund of any monies paid and without liability to MiA or its servants or agents. In these circumstances the client shall, at the clients expense and responsibility be obliged to make his/her own way home.
8. BAGGAGE - (a) Each client is entitled to no more than one (1) suitcase of the soft sports bag kind weighing no more than 20 kilograms. MiA may refuse to carry baggage in excess of the aforesaid.
(b) All baggage and personal effects are at all times at the clients risk and MiA cannot accept any liability for any loss of or damage thereto.
9. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS - The client is responsible for ensuring that all necessary documents, passports, visas, health and other certificates and travel documents, including travellers cheques where applicable, are valid and effective.
10. INSURANCE - Travel, medical expenses, baggage, money and cancellation insurance is compulsory on all MiA tours and safaris. The client accepts that it is his responsibility to arrange his/her own insurance.
11. FORCE MAJEURE - During the course of a tour, weather, road conditions, mechanical breakdowns and incidents beyond the control of MiA can influence the performance of a tour. In the unforeseen event of any of these aforementioned events occurring MiA shall provide the use of the vehicle, all camping equipment and crew services. Personal expenses, meals, alternative accommodation and all other resulting costs, including the cost of flying home, are to be borne by the client. We strongly recommend travel insurance.
12. LIABILITY - Note: For the purposes of this clause, the definition of MiA shall include all member(s), employees, affiliate tour operators, lodge and camp operators and agents of MiA.
(a) MiA shall have no liability whatsoever for any loss, including financial loss, arising from loss of and/or damage to any property of any CLIENT, nor for loss of any nature, including financial loss, arising from the death or injury of any CLIENT, howsoever any such loss, financial loss, damage, injury or death shall arise, including negligence of any degree on the part of MiA. The CLIENT hereby indemnifies MiA against all claims of whatever nature brought against MiA by the CLIENT, the CLIENT’S estate, or family of the CLIENT, including dependants, in respect of any personal injury, death, damage, or loss, including financial loss, of any nature howsoever caused, including negligence of any degree.
(b) Notwithstanding the above, in the event of there being a claim in law against MiA, such claim shall be limited to R50 000-00 (FIFTY THOUSAND RAND) inclusive of capital, interest and costs.
13. PHOTOGRAPHY – MiA reserves the right to make use, without giving any further notice, of any photograph or film produced by MiA without payment or permission.
14. HEALTH - The client acknowledges being aware of the proposed itinerary and that the tour requires a certain level of physical fitness and acknowledges that he/she is medically fit and able to embark upon the tour.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of this site’s owner or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of this site’s owner and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of this site’s owner or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
This site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. No representations or warranties of any kind are made, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials, or products included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, this site’s owner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. This site’s owner does not warrant that this site, its servers, or e-mail sent from this site are free of viruses or other harmful components. This site’s owner will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.